WEBQUEST : SOUTH AFRICA
|1. What is the capital
of South Africa ?
2. Which city is known to South Africans as the "Mother City" ?
3. Who were the first Europeans to settle in South Africa in 1652 ?
4. What happened from 1899 to 1902 ?
5. Why is April 27th important for South Africans ?
6. How many official languages are there in South Africa ?
7. Who is the current president ?
8. What did Desmond Tutu teach in South Africa from 1967 to 1972 ?
9. What is Johannesburg's nickname ? Why ?
10. When was Soweto founded ?
11. Who designed the national flag, and when was it first used ?
13. Who was called "the chief architect of apartheid" ?
14. When was Nelson Mandela born ?
15. How long did Nelson Mandela stay in prison ?
16. When was he awarded the Nobel Prize for Peace ?
17. Which novel written by Alan Paton was adapted by Darrell James Roodt ?
18. What do the letters A.N.C stand for ?
|19. What's her name ? Where can you see her ?||
|20. Now try this quiz, play this game|